DEPARTMENT:MUNICIPAL MANAGERS OFFICE
- SALARY : Post Level D1: (R331 578.64 TO R362 690.62) per annum
FRINGE BENEFITS : Include inter alia, 13th cheque, pension fund, medical aid
scheme and housing allowances).
REQUIREMENTS: The incumbent must have Matric / Grade 12, Secretarial Diploma or any equivalent qualification. At least 2 to 3 years secretarial experience. Excellent computer skills particularly MS Word, MS Project and MS Power point. Good Knowledge of Local Government Related Legislation and Policies. Ability to speak English and Isizulu fluently and Valid driver’s license are some of the requirements.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS/DUTIES
- Arranging and coordinating all appointments, meetings, conferences including related documentation, travel and accommodation and catering requirements.
- Attending to telephonic calls and visitors to the Department, establishing nature of visit and directs requests to appropriate personnel
- Arranging and scheduling meetings with internal or external departments.
- Taking and typing minutes of meetings.
- Maintain a filing system for optimal information retrieval.
- Performing tasks associated with the provision of general office support and reception services.
- Maintaining stocks and completing requisitions for procurement of goods and services.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Team player
- Good communication
- Customer Service
- Excellent Interpersonal Skill
- Data entry skill
- Listening skill
- The ability to work well under pressure and to work extended hours.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
Written applications together with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of qualifications, driver’s licence and identity document must be forwarded to:
THE HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
MR GS VILAKAZI
UMZINYATHI DISTRICT MUNICIPALITY
P O BOX 1965
The closing date for applications will be Friday 24 JULY 2020 AT 15H00.
Umzinyathi District Municipality is an equal opportunity and encourages applications from women and people living with disabilities and effectively implement affirmative active and employment equity plan
If not contacted within 60 days from the closing date, kindly regard your application as being unsuccessful.
No faxed or emailed application will be accepted.
MR LH MTHEMBU