DEPARTMENT:PLANNING AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
- SALARY : Post Level E1: (R617 967.73) per annum
FRINGE BENEFITS : Include inter alia, 13th cheque, pension fund, medical aid
scheme, car Allowance, Cell phone allowance and housing allowances).
REQUIREMENTS: REQUIREMENTS: The incumbent must have a Diploma or Degree in the field of Town and Regional Planning or equivalent qualification. Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in the field. Good Knowledge Local Government Related Legislation and Policies. Knowledge of Development planning and Performance Management System and IDP Formulation, be a registered as professional body. Computer literacy, fluency in isiZulu and English and a driver’s license are some of the requirements.
- Formulate, monitoring and review of the Integrated Development Plan.
- Source funding for IDP projects
- Make presentation on finalized IDP to EXCO and Council
- Implement and manage the Performance Management System of Council
- Submit monthly reports to the Municipal Manager as per the provisions of the Performance Management System
- Manage the implementation of the Integrated Sustainable Rural Development Programme.
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent planning, organisational, analytical and decision-making skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills on all levels
- Confidentiality, tact and discretion essential when dealing with people
- Excellent Professional and interpersonal Skills
- Ability to work within a team and independently
- Ability to multi-task and manage demanding workload in a pressurised environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills coupled with the ability to think on your feet
- Ability to meet deadlines and deliver results Qualifying Attributes
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Hard-working and self-motivated
- Quantitative ability
Written applications together with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of qualifications, driver’s licence and identity document must be forwarded to:
THE HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
MR GS VILAKAZI
UMZINYATHI DISTRICT MUNICIPALITY
P O BOX 1965
The closing date for applications will be Friday 24 JULY 2020 AT 15H00.
Umzinyathi District Municipality is an equal opportunity and encourages applications from women and people living with disabilities and effectively implement affirmative active and employment equity plan
If not contacted within 60 days from the closing date, kindly regard your application as being unsuccessful.
No faxed or emailed application will be accepted.
MR LH MTHEMBU