- SALARY : Post Level E1: (R617 967.73) per annum
FRINGE BENEFITS : Include inter alia, 13th cheque, pension fund, medical aid
scheme, car Allowance, Cell phone allowance and housing allowances).
REQUIREMENTS: REQUIREMENTS: The incumbent must have Matric/ Grade 12, National Diploma or Degree in Information Technology or ICT related field. Certificate in A+, N+, MCSE, Experience in the following technologies: Microsoft Exchange Server 2016. Linux firewall/ Proxy, Internet protocols, window server 2012, windows software update services, Active Directory, PHD, MySQL and HTML. Certificate in Municipal Finance Management Programme will be added advantage. Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in the field of Information Technology. Good Knowledge Local Government Related Legislation and Policies. Fluency in isiZulu and English and a driver’s license are some of the requirements.
- Designing and Implementing a recognized functional and professional business active Director, Domain and Network infrastructure
- Planning and Implementation of Microsoft Applications
- Training of Staff and Councillors
- Installing, maintaining and upgrading of all client and server-based systems and the entire computer system.
- Proving support with the capability of application software peripheral device connectivity and / or functionality of operating software and hardware devices.
- Analyzing and providing recommendation pertaining to the Information Systems, hardware, software or capacitates end-user on specific applications.
- Maintaining of assets and compiling of ICT report.
- Managing the development of the municipal website and updating of the Information on the website.
- Performing specific administrative activities associated with the Information Technology function.
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent planning, organisational, analytical and decision-making skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills on all levels
- Confidentiality, tact and discretion essential when dealing with people
- Excellent Professional and interpersonal Skills
- Ability to work within a team and independently
- Ability to multi-task and manage demanding workload in a pressurised environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills coupled with the ability to think on your feet
- Ability to meet deadlines and deliver results Qualifying Attributes
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Hard-working and self-motivated
- Quantitative ability
Written applications together with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of qualifications, driver’s licence and identity document must be forwarded to:
THE HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
MR GS VILAKAZI
UMZINYATHI DISTRICT MUNICIPALITY
P O BOX 1965
The closing date for applications will be Friday 24 JULY 2020 AT 15H00.
Umzinyathi District Municipality is an equal opportunity and encourages applications from women and people living with disabilities and effectively implement affirmative active and employment equity plan
If not contacted within 60 days from the closing date, kindly regard your application as being unsuccessful.
No faxed or emailed application will be accepted.
MR LH MTHEMBU