DEPARTMENT:PLANNING AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
SALARY : Post Level E3: (R760 524.86) per annum
FRINGE BENEFITS : Include inter alia, 13th cheque, pension fund, medical aid
scheme, car Allowance, Cell phone allowance and housing allowances).
REQUIREMENTS: The incumbent must have a B Tech Degree in Civil Engineering /Structural Engineering and/project management or equivalent qualification, must specializing with Water. Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in the field. Incumbent must be registered with ECSA. Good Knowledge of Public Works and Local Government Processes and Legislation. Knowledge of IDP processes and Performance Management System. Computer literacy, fluency in isiZulu and English and a driver’s license are some of the requirements.
- Overall responsibility for Project Management
- Supervision of planning and design
- Project Management
- Project performance and cash flow reviews
- Develop policy and procedures
- Liaison with COGTA and Department of Water and Sanitation (DWS).
- Submission of monthly, quarterly, annual and adhoc reports to DPLG as and when required
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent planning, organisational, analytical and decision-making skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills on all levels
- Confidentiality, tact and discretion essential when dealing with people
- Excellent Professional and interpersonal Skills
- Ability to work within a team and independently
- Ability to multi-task and manage demanding workload in a pressurised environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills coupled with the ability to think on your feet
- Ability to meet deadlines and deliver results Qualifying Attributes
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Hard-working and self-motivated
- Quantitative ability
Written applications together with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of qualifications, driver’s licence and identity document must be forwarded to:
THE HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
MR GS VILAKAZI
UMZINYATHI DISTRICT MUNICIPALITY
P O BOX 1965
The closing date for applications will be Friday 24 JULY 2020 AT 15H00.
Umzinyathi District Municipality is an equal opportunity and encourages applications from women and people living with disabilities and effectively implement affirmative active and employment equity plan
If not contacted within 60 days from the closing date, kindly regard your application as being unsuccessful.
No faxed or emailed application will be accepted.
MR LH MTHEMBU