- SALARY : Post Level E1: (R617 967.73) per annum
FRINGE BENEFITS : Include inter alia, 13th cheque, pension fund, medical aid
scheme, car Allowance, Cell phone allowance and housing allowances).
REQUIREMENTS: The incumbent must have Matric/ grade 12, National Diploma/ Degree in Civil Engineering or Equivalent qualifications with speciality in Water and Sanitation. 3-5 years’ experience in Water Services / Technical services, Computer literacy, fluency in IsiZulu and English, Drivers licence and must have own vehicle.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES
- Ensuring that water and sanitation provision function is implemented year-round,
- Managing superintendents and their subordinates to achieve services delivery objectives on a daily basis.
- Coordinating interventions with the Technical and Financial Departments on planned projects to support.
- Ensuring that the water services provision function meets all legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Implementing contingency plans to deal with emergency provision of water and sanitation.
- Developing, managing and controlling the operating budget.
- Identifying skills and capacity constraints and prepare a human resourcing plan.
- Developing and implementing a maintenance and asset management budget and plan.
- Implementing an emergency projects to meet challenges.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILS
- Knowledge of uMzinyathi District Municipality and its Services Delivery plan
- Experience with operation maintenance at the Middle Management Level
- Good people skills and the ability to work under pressure
- Prepare to work on standby and afterhours is a key requirement
- Good communication skills
Written applications together with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of qualifications, driver’s licence and identity document must be forwarded to:
THE HUMAN RESOURCES MANGER
MR GS VILAKAZI
UMZINYATHI DISTRICT MUNICIPALITY
P O BOX 1965
The closing date for applications will be Friday 24 JULY 2020 AT 15H00.
Umzinyathi District Municipality is an equal opportunity and encourages applications from women and people living with disabilities and effectively implement affirmative active and employment equity plan
If not contacted within 60 days from the closing date, kindly regard your application as being unsuccessful.
No faxed or emailed application will be accepted.
MR LH MTHEMBU