MAINTENANCE ASSISTANT (X20 POSTS) EXTERNAL
- SALARY : Post Level A3: (R111 014.37 TO R129 129.63) per annum
FRINGE BENEFITS : Include inter alia, 13th cheque, pension fund, medical aid
scheme and housing allowances).
REQUIREMENTS: The incumbent must have a Grade 10. At least 1 – 2 years related experience or general worker experience, knowledge of the use of hand and portable tools, valve pipes and pumps and housekeeping, safety rules and regulations and must be fluency in IsiZulu and English.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES
- Assist with minor maintenance, services and repair work on asset infrastructure according to procedures.
- Assist with the loading and off loading of material and equipment
- Assist with the maintenance and installation of equipment, portable equipment and tools to ensure all are in a good clean order.
- Assist with the execution of the daily maintenance tasks as per schedule issued to him
- Maintain cleanliness and housekeeping in all work areas
- Reports any breakdown and / or defects immediately to his supervisor
- Use tools, pumps and equipment for applicable tasks guided by line manager/ supervisor.
- Assist will all pipe line repairs
- Perform terrain and other maintenance work, manually dig and backfill trenched, weeding, cutting grass, tree felling etc.
- Be prepare to work overtime.
Written applications together with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of qualifications, driver’s license and identity document must be forwarded to:
THE MUNICIPAL MANAGER
MR LH MTHEMBU
P O BOX 1965
The closing date for applications will be 16 APRIL 2021 AT 15H00
If not contacted within 60 days from the closing date, kindly regard your application as being unsuccessful.
MR LH MTHEMBU